Maximum demand charge rates for commercial and industrial electricity tariffs in the United States
NREL has assembled a list of U.S. retail electricity tariffs and their associated demand charge rates for the Commercial and Industrial sectors. The data was obtained from the Utility Rate Database. Keep the following information in mind when interpreting the data:
(1) These data were interpreted and transcribed manually from utility tariff sheets, which are often complex. It is a certainty that these data contain errors, and therefore should only be used as a reference. Actual utility tariff sheets should be consulted if an action requires this type of data.
(2) These data only contains tariffs that were entered into the Utility Rate Database. Since not all tariffs are designed in a format that can be entered into the Database, this list is incomplete - it does not contain all tariffs in the United States.
(3) These data may have changed since this list was developed
(4) Many of the underlying tariffs have additional restrictions or requirements that are not represented here. For example, they may only be available to the agricultural sector or closed to new customers.
(5) If there are multiple demand charge elements in a given tariff, the maximum demand charge is the sum of each of the elements at any point in time. Where tiers were present, the highest rate tier was assumed. The value is a maximum for the year, and may be significantly different from demand charge rates at other times in the year.
Utility Rate Database: https://openei.org/wiki/Utility_Rate_Database
- Originated 11/02/2017 by National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
|Demand charge rate data.xlsm||2594959||other||A list of U.S. retail electricity tariffs and their associated maximum demand charge rates for the commercial and industrial sectors.|
KeywordsNREL data demand charge tariff electricity United States commercial industrial utility rate energy analysis rate tier grid modernization solar power wind energy distribution capacity buildings efficiency consumption utilities location building size charge rates battery storage /kW statistical analysis Clean Energy Group Resiliant Power Project SunShot renewable energy RE
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
by , 303.384.7362, Center 6A20
- Joyce McLaren, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Pieter Gagnon, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Daniel Zimny-Schmitt, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Michael DeMinco, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Eric Wilson, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Cite this dataset:
McLaren, Joyce et al. (2017): Maximum demand charge rates for commercial and industrial electricity tariffs in the United States. National Renewable Energy Laboratory. https://dx.doi.org/10.7799/1392982
About this dataset
- Buildings Efficiency
- Energy Analysis
- Grid Modernization
- Solar Power
- Wind Energy
- Energy Storage
Related datasetsDatasets associated with the same DOE project
|Submission Name||Data Resources||Submitted||Status|